- The Paper Lantern theme is now deprecated and will be removed. For more information, read our cPanel Deprecation Plan documentation.
- We strongly recommend you make Jupiter the default theme for all cPanel Accounts. To modify the appearance of the cPanel interface in the Jupiter theme, read our Guide to cPanel Interface Customization and Branding in the Jupiter Theme .
You can use several different methods to modify the appearance of the cPanel interface in the Paper Lantern theme. These methods include advanced tasks, such as style development, as well as simpler customizations, such as branding adjustments.
If your custom interfaces require jQuery, you
include that code in
require()blocks. For more information, read our Guide to cPanel Interface Customization - jQuery documentation.
- Make certain that your applications respect user privacy. We strongly recommend that you anonymize any data that you collect for analysis. For more information about how cPanel, L.L.C. handles private data, read our cPanel Analytics documentation.
In the Guide to cPanel Interface Customization and Branding, you will find the following guides:
- cPanel Style Development
- The Login Theme
- UI Includes
For the purposes of cPanel, L.L.C.'s products and documentation, we use the following terms:
— Branding modifies the cPanel interface in order to match your company's logo and brand.
- Branding changes include updates to image assets or text labels.
- For more information, read our Branding documentation.
— UI includes add custom content to the header or footer of the cPanel interface (but not the WHM interface).
- You can create UI includes for specific cPanel interfaces, or global UI includes that display on all of cPanel's interfaces.
- For more information, read our UI Includes documentation.
- Plugin — A plugin modifies an interface's features or functionality, and it may also include changes to the interface's appearance.
— A style uses CSS, images, and other assets to modify the appearance of the entire cPanel interface
changes to its functionality or features.
- You can create and apply styles to an entire server or a specific reseller's accounts, or you can create them for distribution.
- For more information, read our cPanel Style Development documentation.
— A theme applies an overlay on the skeletal framework for all of the interfaces.
- cPanel & WHM currently ships with one default cPanel theme and one default WHM theme.
- The Webmail and login interfaces also use themes.
The following tutorials may provide additional assistance for your interface customization and branding projects: