This guide is for customization in the the Paper Lantern theme. For customization in the Jupiter theme, read our Guide to cPanel Interface Customization - Branding Customization documentation.
You can modify the appearance of cPanel interfaces to match your company's branding.
For the purposes of cPanel, L.L.C.'s products and documentation, we use the following terms:
Branding — Branding modifies the cPanel interface in order to match your company's logo and brand.
- Branding changes include updates to image assets or text labels.
- For more information, read our Branding documentation.
Includes — UI includes add custom content to the header or footer of the cPanel interface (but not the WHM interface).
- You can create UI includes for specific cPanel interfaces, or global UI includes that display on all of cPanel's interfaces.
- For more information, read our UI Includes documentation.
Plugin — A plugin modifies an interface's features or functionality, and it may also include changes to the interface's appearance.
- You can write plugins for the cPanel or WHM interfaces.
- You can use the cPanel Style Guide to ensure that your interfaces match the appearance of standard cPanel interfaces.
- For more information, read our Guide to cPanel Plugins in the Paper Lantern Theme documentation.
Style — A style uses CSS, images, and other assets to modify the appearance of the entire cPanel interface without changes to its functionality or features.
- You can create and apply styles to an entire server or a specific reseller's accounts, or you can create them for distribution.
- For more information, read our cPanel Style Development documentation.
Theme — A theme applies an overlay on the skeletal framework for all of the interfaces.
- cPanel & WHM currently ships with one default cPanel theme and one default WHM theme.
- The Webmail and login interfaces also use themes.
We strongly recommend that you adjust all of your server's branding-related settings and options in WHM's Customization interface (WHM >> Home >> cPanel >> Customization).
cPanel & WHM allows you to modify what users see in the cPanel interface, in order to customize their experience to your company's branding. Currently, you can modify the following branding settings and options:
- The cPanel interface and Webmail interface logos.
- The cPanel interface and Webmail interface favicons.
- The displayed company name. The cPanel interface truncates company names if the width of the name exceeds the width of the user's browser window.
- The Help link.
- The Documentation link.
cPanel & WHM stores branding information in the
reseller_info.json file, which exists in either the
root user's or reseller's brand directory.
- If the reseller who owns the account has specified custom branding information, the cPanel user sees the reseller's branding in the cPanel interface.
- If the reseller has not specified custom branding information, but the
rootuser has, the cPanel user sees the root user's branding in the cPanel interface.
- If neither the reseller nor the
rootuser have specified custom branding information, the cPanel user does not see any customizations to the cPanel interface.
When you save your customizations through WHM's Customization interface (WHM >> Home >> cPanel >> Customization) interface, the system stores your items in the following directories:
|User||Item||File Path||File name|
The system checks for a
.svg logo first. If no
.svg logo exists, the system uses the
.png logo, if one exists.