Custom styles are only available in the Paper Lantern theme.
You can develop custom styles that modify the appearance of the cPanel interface.
For example, you may wish to create a customized appearance to match your company's branding and logo, or you may wish to create customized styles for distribution.
- A custom cPanel style only changes the appearance of the cPanel interface, while cPanel plugins add customized functionality. For information about how to create cPanel plugins, read our Guide to cPanel Plugins documentation.
- For a step-by-step tutorial about how to create and apply a custom style, read our Tutorial - Create a Custom cPanel Style documentation.
We strongly recommend that you keep your custom styles up to date to avoid compatibility issues when you upgrade cPanel & WHM. To do this, perform the following actions:
- Monitor our Change Logs and our Release Notes documentation for updated features and bug fixes.
- Make certain that your server runs on the LTS, STABLE, RELEASE, or CURRENT release tiers, so that it receives any functionality updates.
- You can also use a server that runs on the EDGE release tier to test for compatibility and functionality in a controlled environment.
- We strongly recommend that you do not attempt to modify the existing cPanel default style. Updates to cPanel & WHM may overwrite your changes. To modify any aspect of the cPanel interface's appearance, you must create a new style