The LiveAPI System provides environments for applications in the cPanel interface. Each environment provides a way for your code to interact locally with the cPanel binary,
cpsrvd. This allows you to make cPanel API 1, cPanel API 2, and UAPI function calls via the socket.
- Each LiveAPI class provides common elements to integrate with cPanel & WHM.
- When you use these environments, the authenticated user executes the functions. Because of this, calls may fail if the authenticated user does not have adequate permissions.
You cannot use the LiveAPI system to call WHM API 0 or WHM API 1 functions.
- PHP class: 2.1
- Perl module: 0.2
- Copyright: cPanel, L.L.C.
- License: Modified BSD
For Perl applications, we recommend that you use Template Toolkit.
cPanel & WHM provides the following classes for the LiveAPI system:
- The LiveAPI PHP Class — The LiveAPI PHP Class provides an environment for PHP applications.
- The LiveAPI Perl Module — The LiveAPI Perl Module provides an environment for Perl applications.
While cPanel does not currently provide classes for them, the LiveAPI system also supports the following languages:
- Other languages, through custom CGI wrappers.
You can use CGI with the LiveAPI Perl module. The
root user must own CGI scripts, and the scripts must have
0755 file permissions.
Applications that use a LiveAPI environment must meet the following requirements:
- The code must include the appropriate environment and instantiate the respective class's object.
end with the appropriate file extension:
- PHP —
Files, or symlinks to the relevant files,
exist in the
themeis the cPanel theme.