Quickstart Development Guide
cPanel & WHM offers many customization options for server administrators and third-party developers. Our APIs and other integration systems offer the tools to successfully build a custom application that works seamlessly with cPanel or WHM.
We use the term "integration" to refer to third-party development of software that works with cPanel & WHM.
Get started with integration
cPanel Developer Licenses
Developers may require cPanel & WHM development licenses for any of the following purposes:
- Develop internal applications.
- Test the cPanel & WHM EDGE tier versions.
- Develop applications that integrate with cPanel & WHM.
- Test server environments before deployment.
Get started with a cPanel Developer License
Developers may wish to use third-party libraries when building their integrations. These libraries are not provided by cPanel L.L.C.
Get started with library integration
What do you want to integrate with?
System administrators use WHM to perform server administration functions:
- Create, manage, and monitor website owner accounts.
- Configure networking information.
- Manage SSL certificates.
- Monitor and restart services.
Get started with WHM integration.
Website owners use cPanel to perform website management functions:
- Manage individual domains.
- Create and manage email (including Webmail) and FTP accounts.
- Create and manage databases.
Get started with cPanel integration.
Hosting providers use Manage2 to manage their licenses and billing:
- Purchase and manage licenses .
- View contracts with cPanel, L.L.C.
- Update company information.
- Manage and pay invoices.
Get started with cPanel Manage2 integration.
If you have questions or need help with your customization project, join the conversation on our cPanel Developers Forum, or reach out to us in Discord.
We encourage anyone who develops for cPanel products to read the cPanel Blog, and join our Plugin Developers mailing list.