cPanel & WHM offers many customization options for server administrators and third-party developers. Our APIs and other integration systems offer the tools to successfully build a custom application that works seamlessly with cPanel or WHM.
We use the term "integration" to refer to third-party development of software that works with cPanel & WHM.
Developers may require cPanel & WHM development licenses for any of the following purposes:
- Develop internal applications.
- Test the cPanel & WHM EDGE tier versions.
- Develop applications that integrate with cPanel & WHM.
- Test server environments before deployment.
Developers may wish to use third-party libraries when building their integrations. These libraries are not provided by cPanel L.L.C.
System administrators use WHM to perform server administration functions:
- Create, manage, and monitor website owner accounts.
- Configure networking information.
- Manage SSL certificates.
- Monitor and restart services.
Website owners use cPanel to perform website management functions:
- Manage individual domains.
- Create and manage email (including Webmail) and FTP accounts.
- Create and manage databases.
Hosting providers use Manage2 to manage their licenses and billing:
- Purchase and manage licenses.
- View contracts with cPanel, L.L.C.
- Update company information.
- Manage and pay invoices.
We encourage anyone who develops for cPanel products to read the cPanel Blog, and join our Plugin Developers mailing list.