Your installation script should use AppConfig to register plugins with the WHM interface. The
/usr/local/cpanel/bin/register_appconfig script adds plugin icons to the WHM interface automatically. It also configures the plugin's ACL requirements and other plugin variables.
Do not manually save the AppConfig configuration file to the
- Your installation script should use the AppConfig system to register plugins. For more information, read our Guide to WHM Plugins - Installation Scripts documentation.
- You can also run the AppConfig system to register plugins in WHM manually.
To register your WHM plugin with AppConfig manually, perform the following steps as the
- If it does not already exist, create the
- Run the following command to set the correct directory permissions:
chmod 755 /var/cpanel/apps
- Create an AppConfig configuration file for the plugin.
- Run the following command to register the configuration file, where
./example.confrepresents the configuration file:
- If the AppConfig registration succeeds, the system returns an
example registeredmessage and the system copies the file to the