Use AppConfig to register plugins with the WHM interface. AppConfig registration adds plugin icons to the WHM interface automatically. It also configures the plugin's ACL requirements, upgrade script information, and other plugin variables.
For more information about AppConfig, read our Guide to WHM Plugins - The AppConfig System documentation.
To register your WHM plugin with AppConfig, perform the following steps as the
- If it does not already exist, create the
- Run the following command to set the correct directory permissions:
chmod 755 /var/cpanel/apps
- Create an AppConfig configuration file for the plugin.
- Run the following command to register the configuration file, where
example.confis the configuration file:
- Run the following command to confirm that the plugin created its own
.conffile in the
ls -al /var/cpanel/apps
- The previous command's output should resemble the following example:
total 12 drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Aug 6 22:41 ./ drwxr-xr-x 83 root root 4096 Aug 7 18:00 ../ -rw------- 1 root root 259 Aug 6 22:41 example.conf
Guide to WHM Plugins - AppConfig Registration