- What do I need to know?
- What can I create?
- Why should I integrate with cPanel & WHM?
- Who can I contact for help?
For a successful first plugin, we recommend that you have at least a beginning knowledge of development in either Perl or PHP. Other programming languages can also integrate with cPanel & WHM, but our main tools use PHP or Perl.
A good understanding of the cPanel & WHM software and of server administration is also helpful.
The term "Boolean" in our documentation refers to parameters that accept values of
0. cPanel & WHM's APIs do not support the literal values of
Developers have successfully integrated many kinds of applications with cPanel & WHM.
The following are just a few examples of the types of plugins that you can create:
- Automatic installation tools.
- Security tools.
- Billing solutions.
- Mass deployment tools.
- License administration tools.
- Server administration and automation tools.
Worldwide, cPanel & WHM maintains the largest installation base of web hosting control panels. We maintain a 3:1 ratio on hosted domains compared to the next most popular commercially available solution.
When you integrate your product with cPanel & WHM, you take advantage of several benefits:
- Direct exposure to the world's top web hosting providers and data centers.
- Access to a market of millions of web hosting accounts.
- Active placement in cPanel's thriving community through co-marketing programs like the Application Catalog.
- A committed team of cPanel, L.L.C. developers who actively work with integrators to extend cPanel & WHM's functionality.
Several options are available if you need help with a development project:
If you think that you found a bug in an API or another cPanel development tool, contact cPanel Technical Support with your issue.